Saturday, September 10, 2011

Our weekend project!

Anyone who knows us knows we are ALWAYS working on something in our house. In the 14 months we've been married we have painted three rooms and a fireplace, laid down flooring in three rooms, built a corner desk, five shelves, and a "bar" for our kitchen. Not to mention the many DIY crafts I've done around the house and LOTS of redecorating. Let's just say fitting 8 people into a 1500 sq ft 1970's house is hard... REALLY hard, sometimes. But we are determined to do the best with what God has given us in the budget we have.

Thankfully I married Mr. Handsome :-) He can make, fix, or build anything you can think of, plus he paints with acrylics and water colors, sketches, does stipple art. Basically he's just about amazing. So while our power was out on Monday, due to tornados, he decided to rip out the wall in the only spot in out house with non utilized space. Now that the weekend is here we can make it into what we've wanted to do for a year, a pantry.

For me the dream of having all my food sharing one space, instead of being scattered into 6 cabinets, is wonderful. So hopefully by tomorrow night I will be stocking my new shelves with my old food - well, my already existent food- and be a very happy lady. I'll keep you posted.

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment