Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Boy, oh boy... thanksgiving, and such

Yet again I find myself "catching up". Although I am doing better than the last time I tried a blog. Life is just so busy, Ifeel like I hardly have time to sit down. Most of my internet interaction is from my iphone, which I can't blog from (or at least I am not smart enough to figure out how to do so). As most of you know, we found out on November 23rd that we are having a boy.
 
 

There was no guessing... it was there for all to see.



Honestly, I thought we were having a girl. I felt is was a girl, had a name picked out for a girl, invisioned a girl. When they said it's a boy I about fainted. Then I preceeded to cry for the next day and a half. Parting with Lorelai's baby clothes, knowing I would not have another daughter to put them on, just did something to me. But by God's grace I've realized it's like most things in life - The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps. (Proverbs 16:9 ESV). I had plans. God has different plans. I threw a two day tantrum. Plain and simple. So now I have growing excitement for our baby boy and all that he will offer our family, knowing he IS God's best for our family. Now to just pick out names... so far we have Asa Jack Coombs (my hubby really likes the name Jack, and I want to let him have it... it just seems really hard to come up with a good name to go with Jack)

Thanksgiving!!!

We had cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon, and sausage for breakfast.


and yes.. the kids ARE color coded :-)

For Thanksgiving it was just us (which is 7 people) plus hubby's parents, as well as my mom and sister. There was tons of food and leftovers for days.



Sausage, mushroom, and rosemary stuffing, hawaiian roles, and brie and chive biscuits


sweet potato souffle, cauliflour gratin, glazed carrots, garlic mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole.


turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, butternut squash, half mash (half potato half sweet potato), and cranberry apple pecan stuffing muffins.


serving, like usual


Hubby feels like I avoid being in front of the camera...


That's my love!!!
 Day After Thanksgiving

Day after Thanksgiving tradition is to put the tree up that night. So exciting to do this for the first time as a family! I let the kids watch whatever christmas movie is on ABC and drink as much hot chocolate as they want. Who wouldn't love this tradition?



So excited to get the ornaments out after the long wait of setting up the tree and daddy perfectly placing the lights!


One of my fav pictures
 Then daddy helped all the kids try to put their ornament at the top of the tree...



The guardian

Giggle box


Miss compliant


The princess


Mr. "Me Too!"
 The final product of Christmas decorating...





Now my goal is to get my husband to set up his christmas village. If you have ever known anyone with a christmas village, I assure you... it is NOTHING compared to my hubby's. Space is tight in our house, but I think I figured out a way for him to still be able to set it up. Now it's just whether or not he has the energy to do it when he gets home from work!




















No comments:

Post a Comment